Thank you for checking out my review policy! I really appreciate you taking the time to find out about my reading preferences.
Please note that I accept books for coverage consideration only. I do not guarantee a review. Coverage consideration is for this blog, Book Riot, my social media channels, and any other online or print publication I choose to submit my work to.
Here’s a bit more about how coverage works:
I usually read 10-15 books each month. Of these…
- I mention every single book I read and receive in The Inkwell.
- I select 2 books to cover in-depth. These books are featured in their own dedicated post.
- I mention 8 books in Book Riot’s fortnightly “Peek Over Our Shoulders” group post.
- I feature my favorite book in Book Riot’s monthly “Riot Round-Up.”
- I rate all the books I read on Goodreads and mention them on other social media platforms, particularly Instagram. Select aesthetically pleasing books may be featured on Book Riot’s Instagram.
If you wish to guarantee a particular type of coverage or coverage at a specific time, you may want to consider hiring me to write a sponsored book review or article.
I do not respond to each individual review request. If I do not respond to your review request in a timely manner it is probably because I am not interested in reading the book.
I do not review ebooks. I do not review self-published books. I will not critique or edit your unpublished manuscript. I am not obligated to review any book or uncorrected proof I request or receive.
Genres I Like: Pretty much everything except hardcore horror, romance/erotica, YA, and children’s books. I’m especially interested in nonfiction, literary fiction, historical fiction, mystery, Christian nonfiction, and new editions of old classics. I also listen to a lot of audiobooks and I would love to branch out into graphic novels and nature poetry.
Series: I do not read series out of sequence. If you ask me to read a book in a series, I ask that you provide copies of any preceding books. I am selective about which series I commit to.
Unsolicited Books: I am very open to receiving unsolicited books that meet my review requirements. I don’t promise to read or review unsolicited books, but I do include them in my monthly Inkwell post and sometimes feature them on social media.
Blog Tours: I do not participate in blog tours and I rarely participate in programs that require a review in exchange for a book.
You can pitch me here.