If I could travel to any imaginary world, it would be Hogwarts.
Hogwarts has everything a girl like me could possibly want: magic, mystery, an abundance of secret passageways. It’s pretty much every fantasy lover’s dream. Here are eight reasons Hogwarts is the most spectacular place ever and, to keep things balanced, three reasons why it’s kind of terrifying.
8 Great Things About Hogwarts
1. You’ll always travel in style.
Rail travel is so glamorous. Plus, it’s the perfect setting for a good murder mystery.
2. The food is spectacular.
Forget about dieting! Hogwarts is an unending all-you-can eat buffet.
3. There are people there as weird as you are.
I think I found my tribe.
4. The books actually come to life.
…So this may or may not be a good thing. But at least it isn’t boring!
5. Christmas is a truly spectacular affair.
I mean seriously, whoever is in charge of holiday decor deserves a medal.
6. It’s actually super egalitarian.
Because of magic, men and women are on equal footing at Hogwarts. Of course, that doesn’t mean the ladies can’t totally beat the boys in a traditional bare knuckle fight.
Not that I endorse physical violence against someone small and defenseless. 😉
7. If you don’t like someone, you can always turn them into a toad.
Just be sure to turn them back when you’re done.
[bctt tweet=”8 Reasons Why #Hogwarts Is the Greatest + 3 Reasons Why It’s Kind of Terrifying | @parchmentgirl37″ via=”no”]
8. You will finally be able to realize your dream of flying.
…Without being surrounded by a metal tube.
3 Not-So-Great Things About Hogwarts
1. Here there be monsters.
It even gets to Harry sometimes.
2. The very architecture is determined to make you late for potions.
And you definitely do not want to piss off Professor Snape.
3. There is a not insignificant chance you might perish in the course of your normal studies.
The safety precautions are questionable at best. All in all though, Hogwarts is a pretty amazing place.
Also check out 8 Great Things about Middle-earth…and 3 Not-So-Great Things.
By the way, have you been to the Wizarding World of Harry Potter at Universal Orlando?
Looking for your next best read? Get a 1-month Book of the Month membership for just $5!0